If you’re a fan of zesty snacks and the excitement of football, then this recipe is for you! We all know that one of the best parts of cheering on your team is indulging in delicious food. And what better way to spice up your tailgate party than with a mouthwatering, fiery snack mix?
Whether you’re cheering on your favorite team from the stadium parking lot or hosting a game day get-together at home, this Zesty Tailgate Snack Mix will please all your guests. Get ready to bring my fan-favorite snack to your football feast!
Recipe for making Zesty Tailgate Snack Mix
Packed with a variety of crunchy ingredients and bold flavors, this snack mix is sure to be a hit among your friends. Here’s what you need to prep:
Mise En Place
- One 16oz bag of salted pretzels
- One 12oz box of cheese crackers (I use Cheezit brand)
- 3/4 cup oil (vegetable, sunflower, olive oil, etc.)
- Two tablespoons of Ranch Seasoning
- Two tablespoons of Taco seasoning
- One teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper (increase or decrease depending on desired heat level)
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- One teaspoon of dried dill
- One 3oz bag of microwave popcorn popped.
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, ranch seasoning, taco seasoning, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and dill.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the pretzel twists and cheese crackers. Pour in the seasoned oil mixture and toss gently.
4. Spread the coated snacks onto your baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Gently stir halfway through baking.
5. Remove the snack from the oven and allow it to cool completely. Transfer to a large serving bowl and gently mix in the popped popcorn and serve.
All in All
All in all, this zesty tailgate snack mix is the perfect addition to any game day gathering. Its combination of bold flavors and satisfying crunch make it a crowd-pleasing treat. I often make snack mixes like this for both parties and potlucks, and know that you can’t go wrong with this recipe. It’s not only delicious but feeds a crowd economically.
Whether you’re cheering on your favorite team at the stadium or hosting a watch party at home, this snack mix is sure to be a hit! Enjoy.