Fair warning: This baked spinach, artichoke, and feta dip is irresistibly delicious!
If you’re looking for a warm and tasty appetizer, this is a flavorful recipe to keep handy for entertaining or snacking. Especially with the Super Bowl coming up!
This recipe uses fresh spinach for brightness, Greek yogurt for less fat, feta for a bit of saltiness, and canned artichokes for texture and punch of flavor. I still add cream cheese for the velvety texture and richness I love in traditional spinach dip recipes.
Why is this a convenient appetizer for a party?
- Minimal equipment needed: One great thing about this recipe is being able to bake it in an ovenproof pan. I like to prep the spinach in my Lodge pan and then use this same pan for baking the dip.
- It can be served in a baking dish: I sit the hot pan on a trivet and let everyone dig in!
- There’s no need to thaw and wring out frozen spinach: This recipe calls for sauteing fresh spinach leaves until just wilted.
Planning a Super Bowl party? Here are some other appetizer recipes to consider making alongside this Spinach Dip:
How to make Baked Spinach, Artichoke, and Feta Dip
Mise En Place
- Fresh spinach – torn by hand
- One can of artichokes – drained and rinsed, chopped
- One block of cream cheese- at room temperature (makes it easier to mix)
- One block of Feta Cheese- crumbled
- Greek Yogurt- I used 0% fat; use what you prefer
- Ground Coriander Seed
- Salt and Pepper
- Two cloves of garlic
- Onion Powder
- Dried Oregano
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese- Optional, to top dip
- Olive Oil for Sauteing (or your preferred oil)
Recipe Steps and Tips
- Start by heating your oil in a large pan over medium heat. Saute spinach for about 3-4 minutes until wilted but still bright green. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- TIP: You may have to cook in batches depending on your pan’s size.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the softened cream cheese, yogurt, feta crumbles, garlic, artichokes, onion powder, oregano, coriander, salt, and pepper. Lastly, stir in the cooked spinach.
- Pour the mixture back into your oven-proof pan. If desired, top with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees F until bubbly and lightly brown.
- Serve with chips, vegetables, and/or pita bread.
All in All
This is one of my favorite hot dip recipes. Serving appetizers is a great way to keep guests full and happy throughout the game. This is a warming dish that anyone will enjoy on cold winter days.
Which team are you rooting for this year? Do you have a favorite Super Bowl food you look forward to cooking or eating?
Don’t forget to Pin this for later!
Baked Spinach, Artichoke and Feta Dip
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Bag Fresh Spinach 10 oz Bag
- 1 Package Cream Cheese Room temperature
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 8 Oz feta cheese crumbled
- 1 Can Artichoke Hearts in Brine 14 oz Can, rinsed and drained, lightly chopped
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Coriander Seed
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese Optional
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Saute spinach for about 3-4 minutes until wilted but still bright green. You may have to cook in batches. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese, yogurt, feta crumbles, garlic, artichokes, onion powder, oregano, coriander, salt and pepper. Stir in cooked spinach.
- Pour mixture into an oven proof dish or pan. If desired, top with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees F until bubbly and lightly brown. Serve with chips, vegetables, and/or pita bread.